Articles of Interest
Understanding your options and the services available to you is one step in making the process of caring for someone at home a little easier. Home Aides of Central New York has compiled a listing of articles that we feel can help you with some of the concerns you might be having. You’ll find articles discussing care options, driving, finances, organization, self-care, and balancing home and work. Please visit the links below to find out more.
– AARP and Genworth offers help for families trying to make informed decisions about long term care. The “Care Library” provides access to useful articles, “how to” lists and checklists.
– Community Care Options
– Residential Care Options
– Making Choices About Everyday Care (for Families)
– Changing Places: Should Your Parents Move in with You?
– Finding Your Way: Choosing Long Term Care Services
– “We Need to Talk” – how to talk to your loved one about their driving ability.
Financial and Organization
– Get help with identifying benefits that could save you money and cover the costs of everyday expenses.
– Check out “free downloads” section to take you to free resources for record keeping including a daily medication and vitamin log, and a medical expenses and insurance log.
Balancing Home and Work Life
– Work & Life Balance
– Caregiver Stress
– Tips for Taking Care of Yourself
– Taking Care of YOU: Self-Care for Family Caregivers
– Care for the Family Caregiver: A Place To Start
– Tips for Family Caregivers