The Eldercare Foundation was established in 2000 to increase the community’s awareness of the needs of aging individuals and their families, as well as to raise funds to better serve our community’s elders. We do this through support of Home Aides of Central New York.
Why should I give to the Eldercare Foundation?
As the community experiences unprecedented growth in the aging population, there is a looming gap between the number of people who will need supportive services to remain at home and the number of workers available to help them. It’s what is called a “CARE GAP.”
The issue is a critical one for the Central New York community – one that not only impacts our lives today, but will have an even greater impact on the care of our community’s elders tomorrow. To find out more about how we are addressing this concern, click the image below to download our Case Statement.
Your gifts to the Eldercare Foundation will help to:
- Increase the number of home health aides through recruitment and retention activities
- Offer more advanced training programs to provide career advancement opportunities for our workforce
- Purchase technology to maximize the use of scarce resources and enhance the quality of care for those we serve
- Assist with special projects and capital expenditures
Your donation will help our community’s elders receive the support they need to live with dignity and independence.
This type of gift is a special way to honor or memorialize someone who has touched your life.
- Specify that memorial contributions in lieu of flowers can be made to the Eldercare Foundation or Home Aides of Central New York
- Make a gift in recognition of a special event such as weddings or birthdays
- Aide Appreciation Program
This program is a great way to express gratitude to an aide who has cared for a loved one. Gifts will help underwrite our Aide Recognition Dinner in April (home health aides are able to attend at no cost), advanced training programs, aide recognition programs and other aide thank you events held throughout the year. Also, let us know if you want us to send a note of appreciation to the aide you are honoring.
Annual gifts provide important funding for current programs such as aide training and recruitment, and special projects. Gifts can be given once a year or through a monthly giving program.
Every charitable individual has the ability to make a difference in the lives that follow them. Whether through a will, life insurance policy, IRA, or trust, your attorney or professional advisor can help you establish a charitable gift to the Eldercare Foundation or Home Aides of Central New York. More information on this subject can be found at www.leavealegacyofcny.org. If you wish to include the Eldercare Foundation or Home Aides of Central New York in your will, call the Foundation Office at (315) 476-4295 x 203 for assistance.